Visit the Career Center in College Hall North for assistance with your resume.
- Career Services provide resources and services for students and alumni to assist them explore career options, develop effective job search skills and obtain career related employment. This support includes but is not limited to the following activities and services:
- Career Counseling: Southeast Arkansas College students may seek help with selecting and planning a major or career, developing effective job search strategies, and other career related issues.
- Workshops/Presentations: Each semester the Center can offer presentations on topics including resume writing, interview skills, job searching, and admission to undergraduate/professional school.
- Career Development Fairs: Career Development fairs are held annually to assist students and alumni. The UAPB/SEARK Career Fair is held in the Fall for individuals seeking employment opportunities.
- Career Resource Library: Located inside the office users will find information about occupations, career choices for different academic majors, job search strategies, videos, and organizations hiring in specific fields.
- Job Listings: The Center features employment bulletin boards for part-time and full-time positions, and seasonal opportunities.
- Undergraduate School Information: Undergraduate literature is available in the Career Library. Representatives visit the campus to discuss the various scholarships and fellowships available at their institutions.
- Resume Consultation: Individual guidance on resume or cover letter content and design is available to all students. Resume preparation software is also available.
- Mock Interviews: Students may schedule an appointment with a staff member who will ask sample interview questions and make suggestions for improvements.
- Surf the Net: Computers are available which will allow students to surf the net to obtain career information and employment opportunities.
- Self-Evaluation Inventories: Staff is able to help students assess their interests and learn about careers or majors that they may like.